I got a better night of sleep than expected, considering how hot it is. Even with the AC working overdrive it is still hot. Today I am doing something for me--- I am going with 7 friends to different wineries. Denise and I have been trying to make this happen for a while and I am beyond pumped.
So far today I have been doing great with the eating--- that is my first goal. To eat well and drink plenty of water. I am going to work on the exercise after I have started to get this part under control. I don't want to overwhelm myself by doing it all at once too quickly.
Yesterday I made these amazing Quinoa Pizza Bites I saw from on FaceBook (either from Jess or Laura-- I completely forget who). Well they were AMAZBALLS!!!! Seriously they were amazing. I had to make some adjustments because of not having everything. I haven't been a fan of quinoa because I think the kind of got is too plan but these pizza bites were seriously enough to make me keep trying and trying it.
The recipe--- you take 1 cup of uncooked quinoa and cook it. Then after it is cooked (by instructions on the bag of it) add 1 large eggs and whatever spices you want to add along with cheese (I didn't have cheese and it was still amazing). Then put in small muffin tin and bake at 300 degrees for about 10-15 minutes. Use pizza sauce for dipping sauce. Literally one of the best meals I had in quite a while.
I also had a watermelon smoothie that I made for dessert (thank you Jess for the recipe!!!)
To get extra water in my diet I took Denise's idea and added cucumber, watermelon and lemon to a pitcher of water, let it sit over night and then drink it throughout the day. This is a great way to get your skin to look amazing and have authentic flavored water.
Well it is about time for me to get going to the wineries with the girls-- hopefully you like some of these tips!!!
I think that Jess and Laura got it right a long time ago and it's just taken us awhile to catch on....eat real food! :) it sounds like you had an amazing day...a "good for your soul" kind of day. I'm so glad!
ReplyDelete